Sports Coaching Apprenticeships
Looking to start a career leading physical activity sessions or coaching sports? Want to help people get happier and healthier, whilst you earn a wage and learn the skills you need for the job at the same time? A Coach Core apprenticeship could be just what you're looking for.Watch the video
Becoming a Coach Core apprentice is a chance to simultaneously earn money from working a real job, whilst also getting education that will result in an industry-recognised qualification. It can be the start of a lifetime in coaching, or the first step to any number of different roles in the sport & physical activity sector.
We are a nation-wide charity that places people like you with top-level employers in your region – from Premier league football clubs, dance organisations, youth clubs and everything in between.
We currently have roles open in:
We run programmes across the country and new apprentice roles are becoming available all the time.
All Coach Core apprentices receive:
- An employment placement
- A minimum salary of at least National Apprenticeship Wage
- Nationally recognised apprenticeship qualification
- Additional training and development opportunities
- Mentoring and support from experienced, dedicated staff
- Access to events and opportunities not seen on any other programme
- A commitment to work with you to find a positive exit route at the end of the programme
What to expect
The programme will last 15-18 months. You will be employed and paid for a minimum of 30 hours per week, and that will include your ‘education day’ – a day spent with your tutor and other Coach Core apprentices working towards your qualification.
We are looking for people who are:
- Aged 16-24 when applying
- Availability for full-time employment 30 hours a week for 15-18 months
- Have enthusiasm for teaching others and growing sport in your community
- Able to provide a reference. This can be an individual from your school, college, place of work or sports club
Find out more
Hear some of our former apprentice's stories
After graduating from the Coach Core programme in 2018, Daniel stayed on with his original employer, Greenhouse Sports, and is now Acting Head Coach at a SEN school....
Charlotte graduated from Coach Core Essex in 2017.