Sports Coaching Apprenticeships in Sussex
Does working with the very best employers in the sport and physical activity sector, gaining top tuition, and earning a wage while you learn sounds good to you? It's time to turn your ambitions into a reality and set yourself on this exciting coaching path.
What We’re Looking For
- Do you enjoy being physically active?
- Are you an organiser, are you chatty and get on well with people?
- Can you inspire, motivate, engage and support others to become more active?
Becoming a Coach Core apprentice is a chance to simultaneously earn money from working a real job, whilst also getting an education that will result in an industry-recognised qualification – launching your career.
No previous qualifications or work experience are required.
We are looking for several apprentices to join our Sussex programme, where we have available positions with the following employers:
A gymnastics center that has options for all, no matter the financial, schedule, or physical limitations.
Apply for an apprenticeship with Sky High Gymnastics:
Sussex Clubs for Young People is a leading provider and infrastructure support of vibrant, inclusive and empowering youth clubs and activities across East and West Sussex, Brighton and Hove. Supporting a membership of over 140 youth clubs and organisations and directly delivering over 25 youth activities a week with our own team of youth workers we have an impact on the lives of over 10,000 young people every week.
Apply for an apprenticeship with Sussex Young People:
DanceHub is a community interest company (CIC) that seeks to advance, provide and promote the education, development and wellbeing of people and communities, through their active participation in and opportunities through Dance.
Apply for an apprenticeship with DanceHub:
Activ8 is a health and wellbeing programme designed specifically to get children active and to fulfil the governments outlines for every child to be active for 30 minutes extra in school per day.
Apply for an apprenticeship with Activ8:
About the Role
Whilst the specifics of the job at each employer will be different, there are some things that will stay the same. If you are successful with your application, your role will involve:
- Helping to inspire your community to develop and lead a healthy, active lifestyle.
- Shadowing experienced coaches and supporting existing sessions and activities.
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of sessions, taking the lead with small groups as directed.
- Assisting with the reporting of participant progress and development.
- Supporting the wider activities of your employer, which may include administrative tasks, social media, marketing and events.
- Maintaining the health and safety of sessions/activities at all times.
- Sharing knowledge and ideas with other Coach Core apprentices, to help improve coaching delivery.
What Coach Core Bring
At Coach Core, we are passionate about ensuring you gain more opportunities and experiences than any other apprenticeship programme. To do this, we work to provide the following:
- The opportunity to achieve recognised qualifications and access weekly vocational training, as required by employers within the sports industry
- Regular mentor support and experience of working alongside industry professionals, including Sports Development Officers, experienced sports coaches and personnel from National Governing Bodies
- Practical experience of working in the sports industry, through curriculum and afterschool coaching, community activation, youth provision and sporting events, amongst others
- The opportunity to learn and share best practice with other young people, become a role model and give something back to your community.
The opportunity to attend exciting events and training, through other employers, linked partners and the Active Partnership
As part of the Coach Core offer, we provide a dedicated learning coach, to support you through the qualification and help you put your learning into practice at work. This learning coach will deliver a weekly group education session for all Coach Core apprentices, allowing you to learn and share ideas from a range of different coaching environments.