What We Do
Coach Core is an employment and education charity that uses a community sports apprenticeship to target young adults not in employment, education or training (NEET) and have them not only change their own future pathways but also become a positive influence in communities that need sports provision most. We want to drive social mobility where it is needed most, and increase activity levels where they are lowest.
Broken down, Coach Core is a charity that does the following 5 things:
- We fundraise to support and develop young adults who have found barriers to engaging with education and/or employment.
- We create a network of co-invested employers that can share resources, experiences and solutions.
- We work with training providers to develop the apprentices, who gain accredited qualifications, experiences & opportunities.
- We put the young person at the heart of everything we do, with huge emphasis on personal support and mentoring.
- We create a ripple effect through the community as apprentices engage and inspire through their community coaching sessions.