Abdul, What Makes You Tick?
Learning from success - getting to know the winners of the 2020 Coach Core Awards. This edition: Abdul Hakim, Apprentice of the Year
We got in touch with our 2020 Awards winners to try to learn from their success. What makes them tick, and is it the same kind of thing, from apprentice through to tutor? We put the same 5 questions to each of them to find out.
Next up: Abdul Hakeem. Abdul won the Apprentice of the Year.
1. What made you want to get into this role?
I love to inspire people! Whether that be inspiring young people to become involved in sport and physical activity or helping older people be more motivated. I also wanted to use the role to help me become more confident, which I have achieved with the help of the people around me.
2. What’s the highlight of your (work) week?
Motivating people and being able to support them be more active and achieve their goals.
3. Who do you ask (or where do you look) when you want to know more about something in the sector?
I ask my manager and the people around me. They have given me a lot of support and guidance.
4. What’s one thing you would change about the sector if you could?
If I could change one thing about the sector it would be to get back out coaching!
5. What’s your favourite sporting moment?
My favourite sporting moment is supporting the children at school, doing different activities and getting them to try new things.