Sports Coaching Apprenticeships in Manchester
Does working with the very best employers in the sport and physical activity sector, gaining top tuition, and earning a wage while you learn sounds good to you? It's time to turn your ambitions into a reality and set yourself on this exciting coaching path.
What We’re Looking For
- Do you enjoy being physically active?
- Are you an organiser, are you chatty and get on well with people?
- Can you inspire, motivate, engage and support others to become more active?
Becoming a Coach Core apprentice is a chance to simultaneously earn money from working a real job, whilst also getting an education that will result in an industry-recognised qualification – launching your career.
No previous qualifications or work experience are required.
We have the following position open:
GLL exist to make community services and spaces better for everyone. That means providing affordable access to quality community leisure and fitness facilities. We manage more than 270 public sport and leisure centres, 113 libraries in partnership with 50 local councils, public agencies and sporting organisations.
Apply for an apprenticeship with GLL – Manchester: https://bit.ly/3WOvMBO
Website: Home (gll.org)
Whilst the specifics of the job at each employer will be different, there are some things that will stay the same. If you are successful with your application, your role will involve:
- Helping to inspire your community to develop and lead a healthy, active lifestyle.
- Shadowing experienced coaches and supporting existing sessions and activities.
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of sessions, taking the lead with small groups as directed.
- Assisting with the reporting of participant progress and development.
- Supporting the wider activities of your employer, which may include administrative tasks, social media, marketing and events.
- Maintaining the health and safety of sessions/activities at all times.
- Sharing knowledge and ideas with other Coach Core apprentices, to help improve coaching delivery.
What Coach Core Bring
At Coach Core, we are passionate about ensuring you gain more opportunities and experiences than any other apprenticeship programme. To do this, we work to provide the following:
- The opportunity to achieve recognised qualifications and access weekly vocational training, as required by employers within the sports industry
- Regular mentor support and experience of working alongside industry professionals, including Sports Development Officers, experienced sports coaches and personnel from National Governing Bodies
- Practical experience of working in the sports industry, through curriculum and afterschool coaching, community activation, youth provision and sporting events, amongst others
- The opportunity to learn and share best practice with other young people, become a role model and give something back to your community.
The opportunity to attend exciting events and training, through other employers, linked partners and the Active Partnership
As part of the Coach Core offer, we provide a dedicated learning coach, to support you through the qualification and help you put your learning into practice at work. This learning coach will deliver a weekly group education session for all Coach Core apprentices, allowing you to learn and share ideas from a range of different coaching environments.