Sports Coaching Apprenticeships in Essex
Does working with the very best employers in the sport and physical activity sector, gaining top tuition, and earning a wage while you learn sounds good to you? It's time to turn your ambitions into a reality and set yourself on this exciting coaching path.
What We’re Looking For
- Do you enjoy being physically active?
- Are you an organiser, are you chatty and get on well with people?
- Can you inspire, motivate, engage and support others to become more active?
Becoming a Coach Core apprentice is a chance to simultaneously earn money from working a real job, whilst also getting an education that will result in an industry-recognised qualification – launching your career.
No previous qualifications or work experience are required.
We are looking for several apprentices to join our new Essex programme, where we have available positions with the following employers:
Their aim is to further the development and education of boys and young men and girls and young women, so as to help them achieve their physical, mental and spiritual potential, enabling them to grow to full maturity as individuals and members of society.
Apply for an apprenticeship with Essex Boys and Girls Club: https://bit.ly/3T9WNwN
Website: Essex Boys & Girls Club
Address: Harway House, Rectory Lane, Chelmsford CM1 1RQ
Essex County Cricket Club is one of eighteen first-class county clubs within the domestic cricket structure of England and Wales. It represents the historic county of Essex.
Apply for an apprenticeship with Essex County Cricket: https://bit.ly/3yu3fqr
Website: Essex Cricket
Address: The Cloud County Ground, New Writtle Street, Chelmsford CM2 0PG
The Red Balloon Foundation is an evolving charity, with a main aim to support children and young people to thrive. Already well established within Greater London, Epping Forest and Harlow; the Christian Charity have continued to adapt their outreach programmes to support families in Essex during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Apply for an apprenticeship with Red Balloon: https://bit.ly/3T9WNwN
Website: Red Balloon Foundation
Essex Professional Coaching is dedicated to developing, encouraging and inspiring individuals through the power of sport and physical education.
Apply for an apprenticeship with Essex Professional Coaching: https://bit.ly/3ehc8wW
Website: Essex Professional Coaching
Address: 10 Winstree Close, Layer De La Haye, Colchester, Essex, CO2 0JR
CIYP are an independent charity offering Information, Advice, Advocacy, Emotional and Practical Support, Education and Counselling, and Activities for young people between 11 and 25.
Apply for an apprenticeship with Canvey Island Youth Project: https://bit.ly/3T4eVrK
Website: The Yellow Door
Address: Yellow Door Youth Hub, Poplar Road, Canvey, Essex, SS8 7BN
About the Role
Whilst the specifics of the job at each employer will be different, there are some things that will stay the same. If you are successful with your application, your role will involve:
- Helping to inspire your community to develop and lead a healthy, active lifestyle.
- Shadowing experienced coaches and supporting existing sessions and activities.
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of sessions, taking the lead with small groups as directed.
- Assisting with the reporting of participant progress and development.
- Supporting the wider activities of your employer, which may include administrative tasks, social media, marketing and events.
- Maintaining the health and safety of sessions/activities at all times.
- Sharing knowledge and ideas with other Coach Core apprentices, to help improve coaching delivery.
What Coach Core Bring
At Coach Core, we are passionate about ensuring you gain more opportunities and experiences than any other apprenticeship programme. To do this, we work to provide the following:
- The opportunity to achieve recognised qualifications and access weekly vocational training, as required by employers within the sports industry
- Regular mentor support and experience of working alongside industry professionals, including Sports Development Officers, experienced sports coaches and personnel from National Governing Bodies
- Practical experience of working in the sports industry, through curriculum and afterschool coaching, community activation, youth provision and sporting events, amongst others
- The opportunity to learn and share best practice with other young people, become a role model and give something back to your community.
The opportunity to attend exciting events and training, through other employers, linked partners and the Active Partnership
As part of the Coach Core offer, we provide a dedicated learning coach, to support you through the qualification and help you put your learning into practice at work. This learning coach will deliver a weekly group education session for all Coach Core apprentices, allowing you to learn and share ideas from a range of different coaching environments.